2019.12.5 John Hughes Films NB, Ltd. is incorporated in Ningbo, on campus of the Ningbo Park 8. This is a John Hughes led China business entity, established from bottom up, founded by local partner initiators. President Chan Huaizhong is the founder of Ningbo Park 8, a successful local industrial incubator with emphasis of science and culture. Chen is not only a successful local entrepreneur, but also a standing committee member of Ningbo River North District’s People Congress, and a deputy chairman of the District Society of Scientists. In his formation of the local joint venture, he has integrated two business units at the beginning: Network Film Production and Film Training/Education. Along local professional managements, the new company immediately partnered with three international talents: Hughes, Talmy and Wall:
- John P. Hughes is the master who led his time accomplished VFX tasks for 150+ Hollywood films, among them the team own 3 Oscar Best Visual Effect awards and 4 Oscar Best Science & Technology Achievement awards. Through years, Hughes has accomplished or contributed many visual technological inventions and methodologies.
- Craig S. Talmy entered Hollywood audio industry at age if 16. He contributed milestone inventions of modern digital motion caption methodology, well interpreted Chinese stories and directed CG characters (in Mummy 3 and Crazy Alien), as an Animation Director.
- Linda S. Wall, PhD has the origin from European industrial design houses, delivered designs for brand product’s commercial advertisements and screen-base motion graphics. Dr. Wall is a multimedia design artist, as well an educator. She worked for the world top film school (UCLA)’s Extension for continuing education, as an awarded media design lecturer, and she writes and compiles class curriculums.
For the Ningbo company, JH Films PEK, Ltd.’s partner Jin Luo went through objective investigations, creative business development and in-detail economic modeling. In order to make the Ningbo company a Creation-Production vertical integrated business entity, with Chen Huaizhong they designed business unit operation, modular growth and arrayed resource management. That would sustain John Hughes five aspects of China development:
- Create and produce China Films and Network Contents: bring along international and domestic studios. Operate as a business unit.
- Film education and training toward construction of talent teams: through joint school degree and certificate training programs, sources from John Hughes Institute’s ultimate 2000 hours and 14 tracks of comprehensive VFX curriculum. Also a business unit.
- Visual algorithm and software engineering: bing into knowhow and joint with venture capital, to form a spin-off startup.
- Multimedia Mixed Reality (VR and AR) applications for China Contend developments and productions in auditorium and theme park. It may enter Ningbo’s CiCheng Ancient Township which is under repurpose into a modern cultural and tourist attraction.
- VFS production contracts: John Hughes in present has 300+ team talents worldwide. To nurture a China business base, will need 3 years of continuing education to fulfill a China domestic talent team. In the meantime will collaborate with Xianshan Film City, to jointly starting from professional job training, toward cooperation of modern stage facility.